Join Our Team - current vacancies at Preston Bus are listed below.
For all vacancies, please download an application form. Return completed application forms to Preston Bus Ltd., 221 Deepdale Road, Preston, PR1 6NY.
Successful applicants will be invited for an assessment. This comprises a formal interview, tests on maths, English language and the Highway Code. For driving positions you will also have a driving assessment.
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to reply to every applicant. Unfortunately, if you haven't heard from us within 28 days of your application, you have not been successful this time.
Hallmark Coaches (Part of Preston Bus) based at Blackpool are looking for experienced and enthusiastic coach drivers for all types of coaching work.
The successful applicants will be able to work flexibly - this position will require working weekends and occasional late nights. Full PCV licence and CPC card required, and DBS clearance will be also be required (Hallmark Coaches will apply for this).
In return we offer good rates of pay and conditions.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Coach Manager James Crook-Williams on 07825 808528 for further information.
Stores Controller Vacancy
After long and loyal service to Preston Bus, our current Stores Controller is due to retire. As a result we invite applicants for the position of Stores Controller:
- Is to ensure that the stores perform efficiently and effectively, meeting the requirements of the business.
- To initiate and instigate purchases and replenishment of the stores at Preston Bus.
- Maintaining stock levels within a set budget.
- Assisting engineering manager in achieving the required depot KPI.
- Stock control and stock taking, ensuring compliance with procurement and stores requirement. Communicating relevant account information to the accounts department.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained. To include acting upon the results of your periodic shelf life, batch and stock quality control checks.
- Ensuring health and safety compliance, targets and objectives.
- Working effectively with management and engineering supervisors, ensuring efficient delivery of parts and services.
- Occasionally making deliveries and collections at various locations within the local area
- Ensuring a high standard of housekeeping at all times
- Advising supervisors and engineering managers of any issues arising in the stores operation; suggesting improvements to specific areas
- Good communication skills across all levels of staff
- IT literate
- Be able to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Well organised, analytical and focused on delivery
- Full UK driver’s license
You will be contracted to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Attractive remuneration package offered.
Please send application forms, CV and covering letter to:
Regional Engineering Manager
221 Deepdale Road
Preston PR1 6NY
Or email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th February 2017
Qualified PCV Drivers (Preston)
Due to our continued expansion in the area, we are looking for qualified PCV drivers to operate our network of local bus services in and around Preston and Blackpool.
We have a range of rosters to suit members of staff, along with competitive rates of pay. Our drivers can earn up to £500 per week including overtime. We also offer generous holiday entitlement, good terms and conditions and access to the company pension scheme. Employees, their spouses and children are entitled to free local bus travel. Applicants are required to have a full PCV licence and CPC qualification card.
We are a great company to work for where people stay. Out staff tell us they are proud to work here and would recommend working with us to people they know.
To apply, download the above application form, and return to our Deepdale Road depot.
Opportunities elsewhere in Rotala Group
Preston Bus is part of the Rotala group. Please see the below links for further opportunities:
Continuing refurbishment work means frequent service stand changes at Preston Bus Station for the foreseeable future. Service changes from 27th March 2017
Services 5 and 14/14A will change from Monday 27th March. Service Changes to 74, 75, 75A, 80
From Monday 20th February there are some route and timetable revisions to LCC contracted services 74, 75, 75A and 80